Who knows and loves crumble cake? The British call it crumble and like to enjoy the crunchy crumbles together with various fruits. In this variant I combined them with pineapple, ginger and some delicious liqueur.
- Cut the pineapple in half down the middle and carefully scoop out the flesh. Set the two empty halves aside.
- Cut the flesh into cubes and place in a bowl.
- Peel ginger and grate into bowl.
- lime juice, cinnamon and Ginger liqueur add to the pineapple mixture. stir.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- For the crumble: mix the sugar and flour in a bowl and add the cold butter in cubes.
- Rub the butter with the flour by hand to form an even, crumbly mass.
- Add chopped almonds and stir.
- Fill the pineapple cubes with the juice into the two empty pineapple halves and distribute the crumble evenly on top.
- Bake at 210°C for about 25 minutes.
Tips for the recipe
- With a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a shot dr Ginger Liqueur enjoy!